Friday, May 31, 2013

The history and future of KQS (WHY NO BLOG!?)

Hello everybody this is Justin from KQS and I’ve been wanting to make this for a while giving a actual explanation of why no blog and some slight history cuz well everyone deserves it. So lets get started.

Pre KQS Channel History:

Killer Quail Studios has been an idea for longer than a year at least before putting up the video, and the reason that pushed me was someone told me “you need purpose” plus a crazy situation. But it pushed me in the best of ways to start what I’ve always wanted to do so armed with a new MacBook, HD PVR and a SnowBall mic. The first Killer Quail Studios vid was done.

Mannerisms: 

The acronym KQS has always been the idea since inception mainly because I wanted to make Killer Quail Studios easy to remember, cuz that’s waaaay too long to say. So I say KQS, and honestly I think its very catchy to say. Someday becoming a partner, people will ask others if they’ve seen the latest KQS vid something I'd love to hear. Another thing that just stuck and I feel weird when I don't say it is my sign out phrase “Until we meet again comrades” it really is from Metal Gear Solid 3 and its said by Ocelot, adding Comrade is what I call people sometimes, and I want to identify the audience as my friends or comrades. Cuz well everyone who is subscribed I consider them as my friends.


Coolest Hand Gesture Ever
Starting Out:
When KQS was started I had some really good ambitions and honestly So first, my biggest thing I always wanted to start with KQS was providing HD content, HD has always been first priority, HD camera, and HD gameplay footage, if I wanted to taken seriously, HD is a must, so it was a real experiment trying to find what works so I tried quite a bit of things, first was doing a lets play, so the LP of Black started a game that I really loved and though I had a fumbled we all do when we start I stopped enjoying it, honestly I make people laugh all he time but just the weird fact that the only person in the room is me… with a mic and no energy to feed off of, and just a bleh topic of every level, I got bored with it, I did make a blog but the truth is I hated the fact that it was just Youtube videos and all I was doing was send people to my blog of Youtube vids, add the fact I'm not much of a facebook/tweeting person. I stopped the blog and twitteit was kinda pointless. I tried reviews and at first, of course it was not great no music, scared as hell voice over but trying to be funny with Fruit Ninja Kinect but I decided to give I another try but this time, I really put some good effort into it and that review was Warriors Orochi 3, my ultimate one hit wonder. In one month I got like 10k views an insane thing to happen to a normal guy with barely the ability edit. Through experimenting I've found my groove.



 So I think I will be forever be known for doing reviews, personally I’m really happy doing them, I enjoy writing so this is something along with the editing I can walk away with some actual skills but more importantly I love it because I can use all my talents I have. And there is a lot of people who think I’m good at it. So now with doing reviews has been great but one thing was missing I never had time for any time for anything, and Metal Gear month was the last straw, it was hectic, the first week was insane, I recorded at least 14 hours of footage and 2-3 hours more for each review, so probably like 9 more hours. Add editing time which takes a long time and my birth month I had no time for anyone, I almost burn out so I've totally rethought everything. Instead of doing a review every week I decided to give myself a week off. So I can relax. And everything has worked out great. Though I have promised myself one thing: if stress gets too much take a break. So now, these past months I’ve never been so busy. Anime conventions festivals, every weekend has been occupied and I’m enjoying it but I do have work to do now.

The Future of KQS:

So now, this up coming June I am gonna stick to a new plan, one that I’ve just been too lazy for. So I will treating this as branding KQS. It will give you the ability to get as much info as you want. Mostly everyone will follow for reviews on youtube and will be the main focus. But I will be treating the Facebook Page and Twitter as the same for putting out links that I find interesting but with the twitter with slight updates on what I’m playing, what I’m working on. Both will be the same but with Twitter will be more in depth. And last but not least the blog, the blog will have tons of info about my thoughts about games and tech. I’m liking it for the ability to do more than just the reviews. Don't get me wrong, I love doing reviews, but there's so much I've wanted to sa. To be honest I can only do 3 videos a month so I’m missing out on many topics going through my head. So how am I going to promote KQS by not being intrusive sending links like all those crazy partners spamming 50 links in the video description. I found a great site called about.me and it’s a hub for putting up all your stuff, it’s a great start for businesses and will do a great job of promoting your brand. So the about.me page will be your hub to KQS. So whatever you want to follow reviews, mini articles and just want to follow me on twitter and get to know me better. I will be doing more than ever pushing out new content to multiple sources and ya know what? I think its gonna turn out really well. Though one thing I will make sure that happens I will not stress myself out, more for the fear of burning out. And to be honest, Metal Gear Month let me know I’m doing way too much. So I think taking a week off will really do me some good, having one week to unwind is really nice. Its just a matter now of getting my butt in gear, and it will happen. I've been really happy having 100+ subscribers now, I know in terms of youtube its not much but to be honest, it’s a start and each year my subs double. And I don’t want to ever sacrifice quality. So that is the end of it, I’m stopping this before I really get rambling. I hope you got a little insight of myself and the massive craziness of singlehandedly making KQS what it is. So expect my reviews to return and for all my subscribers I really appreciate you all sticking around, I hope to keep KQS running for years to come. Again this is Justin from KQS and until we meet again comrades.

No comments:

Post a Comment